Thursday, August 6, 2009

Telling the friends or not telling them about marijuana brownies.

Hello all. I receive a email this week from a person who is the good friend on the Fark.com. The question is about a topic that has some controversy in the United States of America and that is one of marijuana.

Disclaimer to you: In the country of the United States of America marijuana is the illegal drug and this is not a post that suggests any breaking of laws. It is a post about a hypothetical issue in a sane country where the marijuana is legal.

Okay so the question to this was about is it ethical to send brownies with marijuana in the mail. After viewing this from two sides I say that no it is not because they will become squeeshed and this would make them not taste as good so if you want to do the baking for someone then please do the hand delivery.

But this person who is a very nice person also gives me a wonderful idea for the post of this blog and that is if you do the hand delivery of the pot brownies or other ways of doing the cooking of this should you tell the other person or is this okay to not tell them? Remember this is the hypothetical and this is not the legal advice to you. You can be put in the prisms for this.

The One Side

The one side says it is a bad thing to give someone the marijuana brownies without making them aware of this. You may say to me BUT MEOW WHEN DOES THIS EVER HAPPEN?

LAUGHTER OL I have a friend who is from a country where the marijuana is not criminal and also they have fewer rapes because when marijuana is illegal it causes rapes. She tells me she was to go to work one day and sees that her roommate makes brownies. She does the eating of these for breakfast. Now this is the person who works with children and she says she found the children very funny but did not know why at first. Lucky for her she had the realization later and just said she got tired but it was an okay thing. But you see if something bad happened on this day it would have been a bad thing.

Another incident of this is something I have seen on the Fark.com. In the article it was about a woman who ate some brownies at the work she was at. She says she went to pick up the kids at school and then had the effects of these LAUGHTER OL so she says she had to park the car for two hours! LAUGHTER OL!

So now to this side of the issue that says not telling someone is a bad thing. It is a bad thing because you do not want to force someone to have something they do not wish to have ingested. I do not have the problem with someone who does the crazy mushrooms for the hallucination but this is not something I would like to do without having the awareness of it. Can you imagine this? I am riding on the bicycle of me when these effects begin.

OH MY IS THIS A DRAGON FLYING FOR ME! I MUST ATTACK THIS DRAGON! LET ME GRAB A STICK AND DO SOME THROWING AT IT! DIE DRAGON DIE! YOU WILL DO THE DYING NOW! I WILL DO THE KILLING OF YOU! DIE!

Then someone gives me the tap on the shoulder and says to me

HELLO BUT WHY DO YOU YELL AT THE AIRPLANE.

But to me this sounds like

I AM THE EVIL WIZARD HERE TO KILL YOU.

So then I beat them with the stick that I am throwing at the dragon and next I know I am in the jail and when the effects of these wear off I say I do not know what has happened and they say to me after using the shocking wand OH YES WE REALLY BELIEVE THIS YOU ARE THE VICIOUS PERSON.

I do not know if my roommate would get off the couch for the long enough time to pay for the bail of me which would probably be very high.

Now none of this would ever happen with marijuana but it is just the analogy. The issue of this side is just that you do not mess with the physiology and neurology of someone without first having the informed consent from them. No I do not mean like from the Declaration of Hellsinkis but just say to the person through verbal HELLO I PUT SOME MARIJUANA IN THESE WOULD YOU LIKE SOME.

The Other Side

The other side of this says that maybe it is just the accident and should you be held as the unethical person for doing this? Let us say that I make these and put them on my counter. Yes my roommate will probably eat these because she eats everything but do I need to write the note to her? If she does not have the permission of eating then why should I say this to her? This is like saying that if someone has the peanut allergy and I drop a crumb on the street and they pick it up and it has the peanut dust that they can say I caused this to them. So there is one part of the other side that says if you do not give someone the permission then they do this eating at the own risk of them.

But what if you make the offer to someone? I know that I read another story where the person says I WILL BRING POT BROWNIES and then someone thinks they are making the joke. Is this a bad thing? I do not think so in this case the person even did the telling!

The other side of this issue wonders this. Does it cause the harm to someone? I find this article from the WFTV.com.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20200225/detail.html

It says a child may have accidentally had the pot brownies at a party. The woman says the boy gets sick but I think he just gets high and guess what there is no long term effects on this boy but maybe he wants to listen to Robert Marley some!

The Judge

To be honest I do not remember where I am going with this issue and just say look if you make these things just tell people and keep them from the children. I am now to have the vodka because that is legal here and does not cause the madness of marijuana.

If you have the issue send the email to me I will discuss this on the blog of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment